simply this -
if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link
On this day, in 1955, Rosa Parks was arrested for not giving up her bus seat to a white man. This act and the words of Rosa Parks seem all the more poignant in our post-election state of affairs.I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up,this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.Rosa Parks
"As far back as I can remember, I knew there was something wrong with our way of life when people could be mistreated because of the color of their skin." Rosa ParksSo with her courage and message in mind wanted to remind you girls of the power of conviction. It is amazing how when you allow yourself to believe in your actions, your beliefs, your intuition that you become invincible!!
"I learned a long time ago the wisest thingI can do is be on my own side,be an advocate for myself and others like me."Maya Angelou
1. An average of 90 people died each day in motor vehicle crashes in 2014, one fatality every 16 minutes.
2. In 2014 there were 9,967 alcohol- impaired-driving fatalities, representing an average of one alcohol-impaired- driving fatality every 53 minutes.
3. Of the 209 children 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired-driving crashes, 56 percent were occupants of vehicles where the drivers had blood alcohol con- centrations (BACs) of .08 g/dL or higher.
4. On average, a pedestrian is killed in a motor vehicle crash every 108 minutes, and one is injured about every 8 minutes.
5. Motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death for 15- to 20-year-olds, according to the most recent data available (2014) from the National Center for Health Statistics.1https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/#/DocumentTypeList/11CELL PHONE USES: Researchers found that drivers manipulating their cell phone (includes calling, texting or other uses), had their eyes off the road for an average of 4.1 out of the final six seconds leading up to a crash. The researchers also measured reaction times in rear-end crashes and found that teen drivers using a cell phone failed to react more than half of the time before the impact, meaning they crashed without braking or steering.Defensive driving incorporates the other tips shown here, such as maintaining a safe distance and not speeding, but remaining calm in the face of frustrating traffic issues is another major part of the concept. Accept small delays, such as staying in line behind a slower car instead of abruptly changing lanes. Yield to other cars, even if you technically have the right of way.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King, Jr.