Saturday, March 12, 2011

head games


dress #22

this page really represents 2 days ~ the Saturday that I prepared for my residency at the Vermont Studio Center & the Sunday that I arrived. The page was inspired by the packaging from a photo memory card that I bought for the trip!! I thought it was a perfect showcase for a dress.
I also wanted to play with the transparency
of the packaging ~ so I used a different pen for the drawing under the plastic than on the rest of the page. Since I was working on this one at VSC I was able to put more time into it ~ so a sewed around the packaging with beads ~ also put a few beads in with the dress, reminiscent of those small toys where you need to roll the balls into the holes.

The title comes from the head games that I was experiencing while packing and arriving at VSC ~ here I had an amazing opportunity, but I was leaving my family (one child with strep) and I was exhausted so I was battling some serious self doubt ~ but with help from good friends,
I slayed those demons and stayed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace