Wednesday, March 2, 2011

panicked, starved & exhausted...

dress #12

this day was the day I delivered and installed the work for Upon Further Consideration at the South Shore Art Center ( click here to see photos of the opening and show). It was in the middle of an intense and demanding week, and there was a lot of work to set-up. So in the morning before going south I went to Michael's to get those last minute supplies & bought almost everything that I might/could need - this is the panic.

Then, as the case when I am work crazed, lunch went missing so I lived
off a cereal bar and cup of tea until we were done installing, and had time for some real food - this is the starved.

And the exhausted just goes without saying.

This page has been in progress for many moons ~ I knew what I wanted to do just needed the time. To create the backdrop for the dress I hand-copied the Michael's receipt ~ inspired by the work of artists whose works comment on our consumerism, such as Kate Bingaman Burt and Danica Phelps. Both of these artist's work inspires me. Then I photo~copied the wrapper from the cereal bar onto a more translucent paper to represent how I felt like a shell of a human being by the end of the day! Now all I need to do is find that receipt so I can return some of the stuff that I overbought in my panic :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace