Saturday, March 19, 2011

color may vary due to lighting conditions , sheen and surface


dress #28

the work i was doing at VSC used A LOT of red!!! I had taken many paint samples to decide which red was the one to use.
this page shows what state my studio was in :).


To create this page I rubbed my book on the floor where there was much red pastel dust. this created a wonderful surface but also ripped the page so there is an extensive collage on the back.

The woman's face came from packaging that I found in the trash at the house where I was staying ~ couldn't pass up the color or the face. But the really interesting story about this piece of trash was that it came from a hair piece that one of my housemates, Elizabeth Hall, had used in a performances months ago, and the packaging had been traveling around in her car until she decided to clean out her car @ VSC, where I found it and have used it in my art!!! serendipitous, yes?!?!

1 comment:

  1. no rest for the dress obsessed! love the red, particularly your use of 'found' (and appreciated) objects finished (and distressed by?) the colored art dust from the floor...truly studio art!

    ReplyDelete

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace