Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy father's day!!!!

Wishing my Dad a very wonderful Father's Day!!!

110. Decide to get up thirty minutes earlier. 
Do this for a year, and you will add seven and
one-half days to your waking world.
It was quite a Spring with him in the hospital and rehab, but now he is happily back home!! 
When looking for Father quotes this one always appealed to me.  And when I realized that it came from the author of "Life's Little Instruction Book" I knew it was the perfect quote for today!! 


I remember when this book came out (1991?!) my father LOVED it!!! couldn't get enough of it!! I distinctly remember being in our kitchen listening to him read his favorite instructions, one being:
199. Park at the back of the lot at shopping centers. 
The walk is good exercise.

he's a big walker!!

This book truly has many good thoughts and suggestions - I enjoyed revisiting!

And they reminded  me on how lucky I am to have such an amazing Dad!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DADDY!!!!
xxxxxxxx

1. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
2. Be brave. Even if you're not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
109. Know how to drive a stick shift.
3. Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures.
4. Overtip breakfast waitresses.

***200. Don't watch violent television shows, 
and don't buy the products that sponsor them. 
201. Don't carry a grudge. 
202. Show respect for all living things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace