Tuesday, November 26, 2013

may these dresses celebrate the wonders of friendships . . . .

Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore - Cicero
“I hope that the memory of our friendship will be everlasting.”

Today was my official last day as the middle school art teacher at Dana Hall :( 

It was a day full of emotion, hugs and some tears, but all in all a lovely day. A perfect ending for a most amazing experience. And with that experience in mind, I am posting this dresscard, as I am hoping that this adventure will be everlasting: the friendships, the connections and all the experiences. 

During my stint as substitute I was blessed by being connected to Latin teacher supreme, Ms. Wellington. She was my co-hort in crime and my co-advisor for a wonderful group of 8th graders. Ms. Wellington made these past months wonderful, always patiently answering my constant stream of questions. She even brought her daughters to see my show, 'breaking open' - swoon.

She and my advisees surprised me today with a little good-bye party, complete with this awesome poster with dresses from all the girls and a dress made out of brownie cupcakes, made by one of my advisees and they were so, so good!!! As I said above, a perfect ending to an amazing experience.  And hopefully 'ending' is not the appropriate word?!?!?  there has been much talk of 'on-call' sub and one never knows. . . .
But I am aware that this experience is ending and I want to acknowledge how truly blessed I am to have this opportunity, especially at this time of serious transition in my life!! 

I am cleaning up the art room, getting it ready for the art teacher, collecting my coffee cups and clearing off her desk.  I'm not sure what is in store, but I know that i am truly grateful for these past months, being part of this very supportive community!! and hoping that these friendship are everlasting!!! 
Thank you & peace ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace