Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May this dress celebrate a passion for flowers!! flowers and magnolias, especially magnolias!!!


He who is born with a silver spoon in his mouth is generally considered a fortunate person, but his good fortune is small compared to that of the happy mortal who enters this world with a passion for flowers in his soul.Celia Thaxter


Here in New England the spring has been a long time coming!!! In fact I still have my parka and boots by the door as it hailed on Sunday.  It was also a long winter, physically and emotionally.  In fact I was informed that we were in a polar vortex!! 
So as Mother Nature has taken mercy on us here and the world has started to EXPLODE!! I have been taking forever walks (with my faithful pup, Scruffy, taking pictures of this amazing performance and here are some of my pictures. 
I have been particularly taken by the luscious and gorgeous Magnolia and so as this amazing flowers fall to the ground I felt it was only appropriate to honor these beauties with a dress.  And even in death and decay I think these petals are spectacular!! I'm smitten!! :)


Each flower is a soul 
opening out to nature.
 Gerald De Nerval


Where flowers bloom so does hope.
 Lady Bird Johnson, Public Roads: Where Flowers Bloom


I perhaps owe having become
 a painter to flowers.
- Claude Monet
 





if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace