Sunday, June 29, 2014

May this dress bring of oodles of love on your exciting adventure!!!!


“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” 
Oh, The Places You'll Go!




This weekend my baby, Harriet, flew out of the nest to go to a creative writing sleep-away camp.  This is such an amazing adventure and I am so proud of her!!! She loves to write and this is a very acclaimed writing program.  In 2013 she and another writing friend started a blog where you can read some of her work.  Click here to go to the entire blog and below is a piece by Harriet!!! Have fun my sweet!! xx



DJ in Space

Stars, a grand expanse of stars for as far as the eye can see. I stood; amazed at the long mass of light that I was standing on. I was on the Milky Way. With every step the ground vibrated beneath the soles of my boots. I crouched down and scooped up a handful of glittering sunlight. As I held it in the palm of my hand a pleasantly warm feeling seeped through my glove and tickled my hand. I clutched the light tight and slipped it away deep in my pocket. As I began to walk I started to sink a little, I gave the sensation of walking on a sun kissed beach in the warm sand. I softly started humming a tune. The song I was singing helped me notice, I was the only person for a million miles. I could sing and dance however I wanted. I ran to my ship, upsetting sun sand as I went. Out of my small rocket I hauled out my record player. I plugged it in to a small outlet in my ship and music started to blare out of the speakers. I slipped off my boots and I was off. I kicked up sun sand as I flipped and spun around to the beat. Soon a small dent had formed around me and the sun sand shimmered forming a bubble around me it lifted me up above the stars, then down around the stars to float in open space. I panicked, but then I relaxed the shimmer calmed me and slowly lulled me to sleep.


When I awoke I was surprisingly on the ground in my New York apartment. I got up, was it all a dream? It must have been I trudged to my bathroom to wash my face. I stuffed my damp hands into my pockets, and when I took them out my hand was coated in a bright, shimmering dust.


if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace