Thursday, May 14, 2015

may this dress remind us to have fun, be crazy, be weird!!! xxx

'new york diner dress' (2006) mustard on plate
“Live life fully while you're here. 
Experience everything. 
Take care of yourself and your friends. 
Have fun, be crazy, be weird. 
Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, 
so you might as well enjoy the process. 
Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: 
find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. 

Don't try to be perfect; 
just be an excellent example of being human.” 


this morning I need to focus on my presentation that I am giving in 48 hours!! 
So I figured I would post a quote about FOCUS 
(needless to say, not one of my strong points)
however, as I was combing thru my treasure trove of quotes I saw this quote & I  KNEW that this was the quote of the day.  and it is interesting because this quote basically epitomize much of the 'dressproject' 
(the subject of the afore mentioned presentation)!!!
being authentic, living with passion, 
NOT being perfect, taking care of yourself, 
having FUN & being WEIRD!!
so in a way, I AM working on my lecture!! and there's more . . .

another parallel with today's dailydress inspiration 'experience' and the 'dressproject' is how I started out with one idea/theme but then changed my preconceived idea when I discovered this quote which spoke to my heart.

this happened during the first week of the 'dressproject', when I was at Wells Beach and making a dress on the sand for seven days.  Each morning I would head out to the beach with an idea of what kind of dress I would make for that day, what materials, what size . . .  but every time!!! a different material would call my name leading me to an entirely different 'dress' than I had planed!!! 

This volte-face is a regular occurrence for me and the 'dressproject'.  And it is this consistent experience of changing direction which underlines, for me, that I am more the conduit of this project, the dress energy . . . I am open and wired to this 'invitation' to create via this particular image and willing to make a change when it is presented to me. 

Of course as I am writing this I am thinking this openness and willingness to change course/theme in a blink of an eye MAY BE the reason focus is not one of my strengths!!

hmmmmm . . . . boy do I love thinking and pondering how some much of our lives and our purposes are interwoven and connected!! 
Now back to my 20 MINUTE* lecture
*20 minutes is VERY short for one who can't focus :)

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace