|'shredded, scattered & soaked . . . but still standing'|
21june15, 6:45AM, rain
“We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.”
- Cynthia Marie Graham Hurd (54) – Bible study member and manager for the Charleston County Public Library system; sister of Malcolm Graham
- Susie Jackson (87) – a Bible study and church choir member
- Ethel Lee Lance (70) – the church sexton
- Depayne Middleton-Doctor (49) – a Bible study teacher employed as a school administrator and admissions coordinator at Southern Wesleyan University
- Clementa C. Pinckney (41) – the church pastor and a South Carolina state senator
- Tywanza Sanders (26) – a Bible study member; nephew of Susie Jackson
- Daniel Simmons (74) – a pastor who also served at Greater Zion AME Church in Awendaw
- Sharonda Coleman-Singleton (45) – a pastor; also a speech therapist and track coach at Goose Creek High School
- Myra Thompson (59) – a Bible study teacher
Ever since I heard about the mass shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, SC I have been in a fog. This tragedy has killed a part of my soul. For the past days I have been struggling not to fall in to a downward spiral of despair and hopelessness.
Above are the faces and the names of the victims. Such a loss!! for their families and loved ones, but also for the community and for our country!! We loss leaders and teachers, a coach, a librarian, a singer; people will goals and aspirations, dreams and lives. And why?!?
These mass shootings are getting more and more horrific. Each time our psyche takes a hit and we must adjust to a newer and more dangerous reality, as place after place, once thought as benign and safe, are ripped apart by violence and bullets; movie theaters, places of worship, an elementary school and now a prayer meeting in a church.
when will enough be enough?!?
How heinous do the details need to be??
who do the victims need to be to wake us up out of our passive and apathetic state of not doing?!?!
I want to know what I can do!!! I want us all to live in less fear!!!
I am at a loss for words but thankfully Jon Stewart was not . . .
peace, peace, peace!!
if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration groupFB link