Friday, October 30, 2015

today is always a new beginning ....

click here to place your vote for my design 
“The beginning is always today. Mary Shelley**

as some of you may already know I submitted 

when I use a quote I always like to check and double check the author. Especially now with the huge quote-craze, many people are not attributing the quotes to their respectful authors. And by doing this I learn some interesting facts about the quote or its author, like today ... 


If you google "the beginning is always today" TWO authors appear?!?!? 
Mary Shelley and Mary Wollstonecraft
and upon further investigating (because I love sleuthing!!! )
 I learned that these two Marys were ...
 mother and daughter.


here are a bit of their bio from Goodreads:
Mary Shelley, author of Frankenstein, was the daughter of the political philosopher William Godwin and the writer, philosopher, and feminist Mary Wollstonecraft.
Mary Wollstonecraft married the philosopher William Godwin, one of the forefathers of the anarchist movement; they had one daughter, Mary Shelley, the author of Frankenstein.

if you have received this post as an email

click below to visit the entire blog, blog link

or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace