Sunday, September 11, 2016

day14: family, friends and LOVE

'dear jeff...' (2012)

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; 
only light can do that. 
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. 
Martin Luther King Jr.


Sweet pie I had a much longer and more eloquent post for you about 9/11 but then my computer crashed and the post disappeared into the ether.  And since this day is almost over ... I am going to cut to the chase. 

My biggest impression from the events of 9/11 was how people helped each other; neighbors helping neighbors, strangers helping strangers.  People in New York and beyond told of how they realized the importance of family and friends, of simpler things.  
The ideas that I hold onto from that tragic day 15 years ago, are the importance of loved ones, the strength of community and the power of love.

So today I share two quotes from the amazing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and his thoughts about LOVE!!! 

with much much love, mom

I have decided to stick with love. 
Hate is too great a burden to bear. 
Martin Luther King Jr.


if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace