Sunday, October 30, 2016

day62: finding your tribe


“The key is to keep company only 
with people who uplift you, 
whose presence calls forth your best.”- Epictetus

The concept of your 'tribe' is new, and yet so old.  It is the idea of surrounding yourself with like minded people who make you feel loved and supported on your journey.   A newer way of looking at those who you spend your time with because, who you surround yourself with defines a lot about who you are.  

When I learned more about this idea of my tribe it gave me a new lens through which to view my community and those I spent my time with. You will realize that there are only so many hours in the day and who you spend that time with will have a great effect on how you feel at the end of the day.  If you are surrounded with love and positive thoughts and energy, you will feel loved and energized, and visa-versa, negativity breeds negativity.  I love the concept of my tribe, and I have experienced the wonders of being with the people who understand my goals and believe in me.  

But along with being your personal cheerleaders, being part of your tribe also includes challenging you to follow your goals and dreams.  It is important that they call you out when you are slacking off or undermining yourself, to give tough love when it is needed.  

So surround yourself with the people who know and love you for who you are, and who help you to be your best, even if that means telling you something that might be hard to hear.  
Find the people who will lift you up and be a friend that calls forth the best in others.

love, mom

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace