Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day75: You are responsible for YOU ...


"I learned a long time ago the wisest thing
I can do is be on my own side,
be an advocate for myself and others like me."
Maya Angelou
Now more than ever this is true!!! The election has turned this world inside out and upside down, taking us, as a society, back decades and us, as women, into the dark ages. You must be able to take care of yourself, be your advocate, speak up, stand up, and make sure you have the life that YOU want!! 

This means being independent!! & independence comes from being intelligent, knowledgeable and financially sound. 

I am sorry to say that money equals independence!! 
But that is the TRUTH! and to be able to earn enough money to guarantee your independence you need to get a good job that pays you enough for you to live the life that you desire. 

This doesn't mean you need to get a 24/7 demanding job that gives you a 6 figure or 7 figure :) salary, if your dream life doesn't demand tons of money. You need to be able to pay for yourself, and if you want to simpler life and have a low cost of living then you don't need to command a high salary 
(BUT you must command/demand the salary that you deserve!!!)

I have heard there was a study of the correlation between income/net worth and happiness.  The researchers found that one's happiness tops off at $75,000. The study showed that there was not a significant increase in one's happiness after $75,000. I have not read the study and i do have some questions but it also makes sense to me. 

From growing up where I did, I KNOW that money does NOT bring happiness!! I saw too many screwed up folks who had, as Gommie loves to say, deep pockets!! but they were definitely not happy. That is one of those falsehoods perpetuated by media, corporations, stores ... more money means you can buy more and more stuff means you are more happy?!?!? NOT TRUE!!! 

Be kick-ass my little ones!! love, mom


if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace