|virginiacreates ©2017 collage|
" Done is better than perfect "
.... this idea is not an easy one for me, as my #100daysofmotherlove has demonstrated! I find many projects & ideas of mine will languish in the shadow of me wanting to get 'it' just right or perfect?!?! and there is a large part of me that has no problem aiming for perfection, but it can make turn around times quite lengthy. And when you take a larger view of a situation, getting it finished and into the world is better than having it stowed away in the recesses of your imagination. Also when it comes to assignments and research papers, there is usually a drop-dead due date, so it may behoove us all to get more comfortable with the idea of 'better done, than perfect.'
And to help ease us into this newer state of mind I discovered:
(a fun and helpful website, if you are curious.) below you will find 13 points to consider when working on a project ....
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you're done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
I definitely have a lot of work to do in this area, so I am writing this as much for me as I am for you. Try it out and tell me what you think, I would love to know what you think is realistic and what just sounds good.
and as always ...
if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link