Sunday, August 20, 2017

Today, find the peace of wild things ...

this is my religion ... 

hot rock dress, dover, ma ... july 2013


The Peace Of Wild Things
When despair grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.



Wendell Berry




More and more I turn to this poem and remind myself of its wisdom.  In fact last week I seemed the peace of wild things in the glorious mountains of  Vermont, where the wifi is bad and the peace is very good.
So remember girls, when life gets overwhelming and times seem dark, to go to nature!! (I tend to also make a dress, while out in nature, click here to read more about the creation of my 'hot rock dress ...' :)


love, mom


if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to join the book of motherlove group on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookofmotherlove/

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace