Monday, June 3, 2019

catching up on my #100daysofwomenwonders ...

As this project has grown in complexity I have fallen behind on posting here on my blog ... 
but that is easily fixed.  Today, lets start with 5 of my #womenwonders ...


Willa Cather ~ American novelist, Pulitzer Prize winner, author of ‘My Antonia’, ‘One of Ours’, ‘ O Pioneers!’ & many more. 
34/100

 

Elizabeth Goudge 
British author of novels, short stories & children’s book. Her book ‘the Little White Horse’ was a favorite book of J.K. Rowling and had a direct influence on the Harry Potter series. 
24/100

 

Eudora Alice Welty 
American short story writer and novelist who wrote about the American South. 
Her novel The Optimist's Daughter won the Pulitzer Prize in 1973
21/100


Dorothy Canfield Fisher ~
Best selling American author in the early 20th century. Champion of women’s rights, racial equality, life-long education & responsible for bringing the Montessori method of child-rearing to the US. Social activist for educational reform, rehabilitation of prisons & pardoning of conscientious objectors. Longtime friend of Willa Cather.
32/100


Dorothy Parker ~
American author, poet, critic, humorist, screenwriter & satirist. Founding member of the Algonquin Round Table. Famous for her mastery of short fiction & her biting wit & scathing observation. Social activist leading to her being blacklisted in Hollywood. In her will she bequeathed her estate to Martin Luther King Jr. & in 1988 the NAACP designed a memorial garden at its headquarters for Parker’s ashes. 
30/100

As happens with any of my projects my #100daysofwomenwonders has morphed - first sharing quotes by women in one of my mixed media dress collages, then I added a pen and ink portrait of the quoted women and lastly I am hand-lettering the quote via procreate. With each transition the project is more time consuming, however, thoroughly challenging and enjoyable, but I am getting behind on posting. I am posting fairly regularly on instagram if you want to follow my #100dayproject, 

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace