Thursday, January 5, 2012

Creative Every Day Challenge #2

Homage to Lisa Barthelson
For today's creative challenge I did a page i my 'current' daily dress journal.  this project is where I try to create a daily collage out of the flotsam & jetsam that I come across during the day.  I started my first journal in february 2011 and I absolutely LOVE working in it, however the time/days get away from me. So I now have 4 different journal in different states of completion.  

This page was done in my most newest book which is smaller (3.5 x 5.5) than the original books.  I bought a smaller size hoping that I could get back to making these collages daily - but alas.

Today's page basically created itself.  The dress is out of old polka-dotted wrapping paper that I was throwing out, the background is pattern made out of the rubbing of a wine cap ~ HobNob and the tag is from timberland which had the circle logo of a tree. Suddenly there was a circle thing happening.

The circle theme is so serendipitous because today I was thinking of my dear artist friend, Lisa Barthelson, who is getting ready for a group show ('Illuminations' work of  Lisa Barthelson, Carrie Crane,  Nina Fletcher and  Rose Lebeau, Opening Reception: Thursday Jan. 12, 2012,  5 to 7:30 pm  
25 Sagamore Road, Worcester MA.)  

In fact today I even sent her supportive thoughts, because we all know how crazy one can get right before a show!!  And Lisa LOVES circles, even has a photo blog dedicated to circles & she is the person who introduced me to HobNob wine.  

But I had not made any of these connections until the collage was finished! WOW!!! But here it is ~ a circle piece when Lisa was so much on my mind.  And in fact she and the others from the show were interviewed on NPR and the links hit the internet today ~ http://www.wicn.org/podcasts/audio/barthelson-lebeau-and-crane-illuminations

Kind of cool how that all worked out!! 
Well I definitely didn't stick to my intention of brief entries for this Creative Every Day Challenge (CEDC) - but this project is supposed to be just what it is - no rules, no stress, just creativity!!! :) (saying that for myself).
 peace

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace