Friday, June 28, 2013

may this dress bring you mindfulness . . .

Mindfulness can be summed up in two words:  pay attention.
Once you notice what you’re doing, you have the power to change it.
Michelle Burford
Mindfulness means 
paying attention
in a particular way~
on purpose,
in the present moment, 
and
without judgement.
Jon Kabat-Zinn

I am blessed with amazing and thoughtful friends 
who reflect my actions and thoughts back to me 
in a new light and with new insight.  
Yesterday I spoke with two of these kindred souls 
and both spoke of mindfulness 
and the power of being in this very moment, 
without judgement! 

Although I know the wonders of mindfulness,
read books about it and intend to 
weave it into my everyday,
yesterday I heard the words in a new way ~
their words were a blessed reminder,
one I wished to share with you, today.
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace