Tuesday, July 30, 2013

may this dress bring you a great cup of coffee . . .

(or whatever morning beverage you desire that helps you to face the day:)
'a little sugar, please' andover, ma (2010)
Behind every successful woman 
is a substantial amount of coffee. 
Stephanie Piro


This morning I am needing 
a bit more of a jump-start!!! 
Being plagued by an endless 
to-do list can take its toil ~
however the sun is shining, 
the heat has broken,
and we are in the lazy days of summer
(although i do need to go work inside :( 

but as my angel Harriet points out, 
I am lucky to have a job! 
and that I am!!!

The above dress was made after seeing the amazing exhibit, 
I was taken to this life altering exhibit by the wonderful David Lang.
He knew that I needed to see Sheila Hicks work in person
and he was right.












 For me this was an awe-inspiring show and one that has influenced my work ever since.

1 comment:

  1. to learn more about Sheila Hick's beautiful work, you can checkout her artist's page on Artsy.net.
    https://www.artsy.net/artist/sheila-hicks

    ReplyDelete

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace