Tuesday, October 15, 2013

may this dress bring you self acceptance ~


Self-acceptance is a practice, 
a willingness to slowly expand 
our ability to see ourselves 
as we are 
and 
simply be with 
what we see. 
oriah mountain dreamer


entire quote: 
"Self-acceptance is a practice, a willingness to slowly expand our ability to see ourselves as we are and simply be with what we see. I am a passionate, outspoken woman. I have a tendency to want rules but a mind and heart that simply will not let me settle into one-size-fits-all ethical absolutes. I think fast- which does not always mean clearly- and talk faster. I want to be wisely quiet, mysteriously silent, deeply contemplative. And sometimes I am all of these things. But when I am with the world I am more often directive, opinionated and passionately expressive. Sometimes this makes me discerning and effective. Occasionally it means I can be downright inspiring. But sometimes it just makes me relentlessly judgmental and annoyingly bossy. . . .The truth is no life is inherently more “spiritual” than another, no personality or set of ego characteristics more readily available to an awareness of the still and sacred presence we are than another. All personalities have slightly different struggles on the road to waking up to who we are and why we are here." ~Oriah Mountain Dreamer from THE CALL. Ah yes, let's embrace our own particular stumbling blocks & gracefully insightful ways of being today. This humanness- a constant lesson in humility & appreciation for the man or woman we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace