Thursday, November 7, 2013

may this dress help you to know your purpose . . . .


"I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, 
and we all have a different purpose… 
When you connect with that love and that compassion, 
that’s when everything unfolds.”
 – Ellen DeGeneres 
(Comedian/Personality/Philanthropist and 
a person who puts her money where her mouth is ) ~ 

Ellen DeGeneres gives $10,000 to waitress who paid soldiers' tab
(click above to view clip)
I stumbled upon this clip and was very touched.  I don't have a TV so I hadn't heard of this story.  But when I watched this short exchange I was moved.  Not only by the generosity of the waitress but by Ellen commitment to kindness.  Especially since the soldiers were concerned about their lunch bill because of our government's shutdown.  It just seems to highlight the absurdity of the situation when a woman who doesn't have much financial security helps the solders who are being penalized for working for an institution that were playing petty games with people's lives, saving and financial security.  And I ask what was gained or even learned by this tactic?!? It saddens me that egos and hubris seem to mean most in our government.


In fact I have seen this quote of Ellen's begin a sentence earlier:

“I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” – Ellen DeGeneres 


I felt that for my daily dress inspiration that the ego part of the quote wasn't that important, but as it always happens, I now see that it is important.  



Thank you and peace ~ 

and don't forget this is the last weekend of 'breaking open' at Fountain Street Fine Art.  I am hosting an evening reception, tonight, to keep the gallery open later.  Please come by if you want.  

Also regular gallery hours are:
friday 11-5
saturday 11-5 (i'll be gallery sitting on 2-5)
sunday 11-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace