Sunday, February 2, 2014

may this dress bring you LOVE!!!!

Love makes your soul crawl out 
from its hiding place.  
Zora Neale Hurston


Today's dress is part of the daily dress journal I made in 2011,
during my time at VSC.  This page is made with the envelope from a letter Harriet sent me while I was there, and just this morning, while walking my trusty hound, Scruffy,  I was thinking about how 'at home' I felt during that residency,
living and breathing art, literally. 
  
I would get up around 7am, have a quick bite for breakfast, then head off to my studio until about 1 am, with occasional breaks for lunch and dinner.  And when I was not in my studio I was surrounded by fellow artists from all over the world!! 

I did this for two weeks loving the solitude and the submersion in the creative process. I lived in my sparse collection of work clothes, just so content in my own little world . . . 
Except I missed my girls SOOOOOO!! 
I know they feed my creative soul, 
they give me so much of what I use to make my art.  
They pull me out of my hiding place every day and for this I am endlessly grateful!!! 
xxxx

if you have received this post as an email click below to visit the entire blog,
 thank you & peace
  http://dailydressproject.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace