Sunday, March 23, 2014

forest bathing in the land of dragons ~

no dress today, but a reminder of the importance of getting outside, 
out in the fresh air,
among the trees and nature.




"The Japanese term Shinrin-yoku may literally mean "forest bathing," but it doesn't involve soaking in a tub among the trees. Rather it refers to spending time in the woods for its therapeutic (or bathing) effect. Most of us have felt tension slip away in the midst of trees and nature’s beauty. But science now confirms its healing influence on the body. When you spend a few hours on a woodland hike or camping by a lake you breathe in phytoncides, active substances released by plants to protect them against insects and from rotting, which appear to lower blood pressure and stress and boost your immune system." ~Mother Nature Network"


These photos are from a series I call, 'from the land of dragons'. 


 The land of dragons is the name my girls gave to the place that I go when I take Scruffy for a walk.  One morning after I returned from my #scruffywalk during which I had posted a picture of some pod or leaf on instagram, both girls commented that from looking at the picture I posted, it looked like Scruffy and I went 'to the land of dragons'.  The name stuck!


These photos are from me 'forest bathing' in 'the land of dragons' today.






peace

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace