Friday, July 18, 2014

Desperate times call for . . .



It was only a week ago that I wrote that I was taking some time off from my blog so I could do some personal work, and I have tackled some of my 'to-do's that I have been avoiding for years.
But this morning, after the bombardment of heart-wrenchingly horrid news from all corners of the world, I realized I needed to break my silence, to put out a call to all of us to work toward finding peace in our world.

“Never depend upon institutions or government to solve any problem. All social movements are founded by, guided by, motivated and seen through by the passion of individuals. ” 
 Margaret Mead

With all the craziness in this world today I felt the need a quote about peace, acceptance.  I decided to quote one of the gurus of peace, Nelson Mandela, and as happens so much with my daily dress practice, while looking up this quote I learned that today is Nelson Mandela International Day, a day of service.  It is celebrated today, July 18, Mandela's birthday. If he was still with us he would have been 96 years young today.  so to honor this man and all he brought to this world, let us all put our minds, hearts and souls into creating a more peaceful, accepting and loving world! 

As Margaret Mead so profoundly stated, change is in the passion of individuals, in the hands of a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens.  Let US be that small group!! 

peace, peace & blessed be ~
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”  Margaret Mead

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace