Monday, September 19, 2016

day22: VOTE, RECYCLE, REUSE, CONSERVE and GET INVOLVED

©virginiafitzgerald#100daysofmotherlove 2016

“I don’t know how to save the world. I don’t have the answers or The Answer. I hold no secret knowledge as to how to fix the mistakes of generations past and present. I only know that without compassion and respect for all of Earth’s inhabitants, none of us will survive—nor will we deserve to.” Leonard Peltier, Prison Writings: My Life Is My Sun Dance

I think it is easy to feel the responsibility of saving the world, especially when one is more empathic and compassionate. And as I do feel that we must live with reverence to the planet, the universe and to the people and other creatures that live on this planet, it can become thoroughly overwhelming to feel as though you alone must fix the world. 


There are important things that you can and should do, such as:
VOTE, RECYCLE, REUSE, CONSERVE and GET INVOLVED 
with causes and groups that are working toward changes and goals that you believe in, to name a few.

So remember that you don't need to save the world,
but you can be kind, compassionate and 
a responsible citizen of the world.
love, mom

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace