Sunday, February 23, 2014

may this dress free you from all worldly engagements!!! (at least for today!)

'prints'  8dec13, the porches, north adams, ma
I think that I cannot preserve my health and spirits, 
unless I spend four hours a day at least - 
and it is commonly more than that - 
sauntering through the woods 
and over the hills and fields, 
absolutely free from all worldly engagements.  
~Henry David Thoreau

I always find that there is a lovely peace that I feel while traveling, my life has been reduced to the essentials in some way.  The white noise of the everyday troubles and demands quiet, even if I am not on a 'real vacation'. Even when there are troubles and demands on the road, I breathe easier, I feel lighter and a bit calmer.  I alway want to keep that feeling when I return.  Usually I work myself in a panic as not to lose that calm, note the irony.  

So here I am again, plopped back into my 'real life', with bills, a messy house, deadlines, digging out my car! and more.  I am aware that to fight to stay calm is an oxymoron.   This time I hope to gently hold my peaceful feeling and to be curious about how this transition will unfold.  I am learning that to be easy with an idea or desire is usually a better approach than to resist or fight or struggle.

I am sensing that a slow, quiet and mindful reentry may be the best path.  So today I may follow Thoreau's suggestion and saunter through the woods for four hours or so, doesn't that sound just lovely ?!?!?

may today you have peace ~ virginia

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace