Thursday, September 15, 2016

day18: the treasures found in a book and the power of literature ....


“When I look back, I am so impressed again with the life-giving power of literature. If I were a young person today, trying to gain a sense of myself in the world, I would do that again by reading, 
just as I did when I was young.” 
maya angelou

In this highly 'wired' world, where we are all constantly connected to electronic devices that entertain,  occupy and assist us, one could forget about the pleasure of curling up with an old fashion book, 
but don't!!! 
Remember the wonders that a well crafted tale, of getting lost in another world created by the author and your imagination.  
Many have discovered their purpose and/or dreams and/or sense of self, between the pages of Austen, Bronte, Thoreau, Angelou, Rowling, Kerouac (to name just a few)

If you are feeling lost or adrift, trying craving out some time to read, just read. 

Also, if you can, read the book before you see the movie.  Let your imagination create the setting, costumes and characters of the story before Hollywood claims everything! 

love, mom

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace