Wednesday, November 2, 2016

day65: cultivate a meditation habit


It feels good. 
Kinda like when you have to shut your computer down, just sometimes when it goes crazy, you just shut it down and when you turn it on, it’s okay again. That’s what meditation is to me. 
 Ellen DeGeneres

The benefits of meditation are well documented. 
It appears that meditation is the wonder drug, the cure all for all that ails us, and yet for many, it is still a foreign concept. 
We seem more willing to fill our bodies with chemicals in the form of pills, than to sit quietly and breathe?!?! 
What's that about??? 

I wish I had had a meditation practice when you were young, so you would have thought of it as a normal part of a routine day. Even now I wish my meditation practice was as routine for me as brushing my teeth or making my morning cup of coffee. 

But this is all a work is progress and the more I weave meditation into my every day the more I experience its benefits.  And the more I recognize the benefits the more I make sure that I do it,  as I said, a work is progress.


So for today I would like you to consider weaving meditation into your every day. Start small.  
I have discovered this app called 'headspace' which has really helped me to make meditating a daily practice.  The app also presents meditation as a way to give your head some more space!!! 
Also, as you both know, I love the guided meditations from meditation oasis.  You could see if there is a meditation club or group at your school, meditating with a group begins different benefits and to have the support of a community can help you make sure that are you do it.  

There are so many, many options and aids to help one cultivate a meditation practice and I am here today to encourage you to do it!! 

In fact, there is the idea that if you do something for a certain amount of days, 
the time ranges between 21 days to 100 days or more. 
But for today's purposes lets go with 21 days, less then a month, 3 weeks in fact, 
and for the next 21 days, I challenge you both to meditate.  As I said before, start small, it could be for 10 minutes a day, you could use an app, or join a club or group, you could meditate inside or outside, there is a walking meditation, whatever works for you. You both do it for 21 days straight, and I will do it too (remember how I mentioned that my meditation practice is a work in progress.) And if we start tomorrow, the 21 days will bring us to Thanksgiving and we can celebrate in Portsmouth.  
so, what do you think,  you in??? 
love you both so, mom

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace