Monday, October 17, 2016

day50: Smile and think of Pop ...


I've learned that people will forget what you said, 
people will forget what you did, 
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Maya Angelou

Just stop and really think about this quote. I bet you can remember exactly those who made you feel good, loved, happy and welcomed, just as you can as easily remember those who made you feel small, excluded, bullied and sad. 

So be kind and thoughtful to all those you meet during your day. Not only because they will remember you for this behavior, but you will feel better for being that way. Trust me, I practice being kind and thoughtful to all I meet and it makes me feel good at the end of the day. It doesn't cost you anything to be nice but affect can be amazing!! 

Pop believes in treating everyone with kindness and respect. When I would visit him when at his work in downtown Chicago, we would play a game as we walked. We would look everyone that we passed in the eye and give them a smile!! That was it, just give everyone who was hustling and bustling a smile and Pop loved how people would react! Many were confused by our simple smile, some smiled back, and sadly some were suspicious of our behavior. 
No matter the response Pop loved it and I loved it. And I felt like we were starting little ripples of goodwill on the streets of downtown Chicago, and I believe everywhere could use a ripple of goodwill, don't you think?!

So try the smile game and think of Pop! love, Mom

if you have received this post as an email
click below to visit the entire blog, blog link
or click below to visit FB daily dress inspiration group FB link

No comments:

Post a Comment

always love to hear what is on your mind . . . peace